Monday mornings are hard for me. To be perfectly honest, every morning is a little tricky for me. I am not a morning person by trait. I’ve always wanted to be but the facts are facts and I have accepted this 🙂 I actually realized it is best if I don’t push myself to any crazy morning extremes. The 6am alarm clock wasn’t made for me.
I wake up at about 7:15am every morning. It gives me about an hour, hour and half to implement a couple healthy habits that I have put into place to capitalize on my mornings. The goal is to leave the house feeling energized and to have a set intention for the day.
Introducing my my morning rituals…
- My first fifteen. I don’t even have to leave bed for this one. I lay in bed for about 15 minutes and reflect on all that I have to be grateful for. It’s a mindset shift I encourage everyone to take. With so many negative words and toxic thoughts in our daily life this routine makes it easier for me to remain positive through out the day and serves as a constant “reality check” when I do catch myself nagging and/or complaining.
- 1 glass of water. This is something I’ve read to do over and over again. I started doing this about one year ago and I can feel the difference. That first glass of water fires up your metabolism, hydrates you,and helps flush your body of toxins! It also curbs your appetite. I’d say it’s all around win. PS: It’s easier if you drink out of a fun water bottle 🙂
- Morning activity. For me this is a light stretch or a quick walk. Anything to help wake up my body and my mind! It’s a good mood boost before office talk rolls around.
- Light healthy breakfast. An apple, hard boiled egg and a granola bar are my go-to! A good breakfast fuels you up and gets you ready for the day! Without it I typically feel more irritable, restless, and tired.
- Set 3 daily accomplishments. I’ve noticed a lot of my inner happiness comes from when I feel productive. Setting three daily accomplishments helps me stay on task in my productivity and allows me to visually see what I have accomplished. Before doing this I felt like I worked all day, but had absolutely no idea what I actually accomplished. This helps me set my intention for the day and holds me accountable to making it happen! Love crossing these off as I complete! (I use the My Agenda planner to write these accomplishment in!)
I hope these inspires you to tackle your mornings and take on the day with energy and intention! Would love to hear what you all do to make the most of your day. Happy Monday!