I’ve recently had a lot of questions about my diet and what a typical meal plan looks like for me. To be perfectly honest, my diet changes a bit day to day. But here are 5 tips I keep in mind while making healthy diet choices.
- Staying hydrated: 8 cups of water a day. We have all read it somewhere. And the reason for that is because actually works! The 8 cups of water a day curbs your appetite and helps keep away the constant tummy growls between meals. If that doesn’t do the trick…. the next one might!!
- Snacking: This is a big one for me. For whatever reason I can’t seem to last the 4/5 hours between meals. I need something! Typically, I go for an apple or @powerupsnack (these are amazing!) 100% natural trail mix that are healthy, yummy and the perfect grab for the on da go girl! A little snacking again helps curb the appetite and allows me to moderate the size of my next meal.
- Moderation: Portion control people! Take breaths between your bites or a sip of water. Slow it down and try not to over serve yourself. We eat so quickly sometimes our mind can’t catch up with our stomach and we eat more than we actually needed to be full!
- Staying Conscious of whole foods: The majority of my grocery shopping is whole foods. That way when I eat at home I don’t have the option to be unhealthy. I’ll leave that for happy hours and date night. Some of my go-to whole foods: Brussels, Cauliflower, Turkey, Chicken, Apples, Avocados,Mushrooms and blueberries!
- Consistency: Another big one. You can’t decide to be healthy 50% of the time. You have to be dedicated to at least 70% + of the time. At least that is the trick for me. I like to keep my weeks very healthy and leave a little room to splurge on the weekend. However, that doesn’t mean the entire weekend. Think 2-3 moderated splurges! And just remember, consistency is key!!
I am a firm believer that different tips and techniques work for different people! So explore these and see what works for you! Would love to hear if any of these are on your #HealthHabits list?!