We have all had that moment when we walk in our closet and think “I have all these clothes, and nothing to wear” this is where your staples come in. If the foundation of your closet is solid you’ll always be able to throw a fashionable look together.. especially, if you take these tips and techniques and put them in your back pocket.
The look I’m highlighting here is a combination of some of my favorite staples, so keep these in your mind on your next shopping trip.
Here are 5 pieces to invest in and some tips an techniques to making the most of them.
- The Mom Jean: Yes, after years of mockery it seems the mom jeans are officially a thing–and I am so on board. These give a cool and confident vibe. I love that they can modestly show off your curves with a tucked blouse. To add an extra element of fashion and femininity try adding a blocked heel.
- Form Fitting Neutral Top: Form fitting and neutrals are consistently go to’s for me maybe, my most frequent grab and go. A basic top pairs so nicely with almost anything and to me is so chic. Form fitting is a current trend and like the mom jean I’m o board. Accentuate those curves and rock your body. If you’re feeling like you want a little more coverage thrown on a blazer, duster or wrap.
- The Mule: Easy, cool and comfortable. It’s the trifecta! My favorite part about the mule is either the block heel or the minimalist 90’s vibe it gives! These kicks will definitely step up your fashion game.
- Classic Belt: A belt will instantly polishes your outfit. And the perfect accessory to set your look a part from everyone else’s. I think every girl need a clean black and brown belt but also a trendy one like this to mix and match your look. This one is probably my favorite!
- Unique Purse: A fun purse will add an extra element to any of your looks! Choose one in a different color, or pattern than the usuals or even try looking for a style with a unique eye-catching details or hardware. This purse should serve as the final touch!
Shop my look below along with a couple other of my favorite Fashionista necessities!